Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh Me of Little Faith...

My family goes to a church in the Nashville area where the members are writing blog post each day. First read the following blog, then I'll explain why I titled mine "Oh Me of Little Faith."

Here's the blog from the Community Church...

I AM is with Us

Key Passage: Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I AM with you; do not be dismayed, for I AM your God. I will strengthen you and help you and uphold you with my righteous right hand.

For the Community Art Show, I had an idea to look for the letters I AM in nature and photograph them. A friend suggested that I ask God himself to show me the letters. Why would God do that for me? Yet, the idea intrigued me. I wanted Him to reveal Himself to me. Just for me. So, I prayed and asked Him to show me the letters for I AM. I didn’t know what to look for or where to look. I kept my camera with me. One day, while driving, I saw a huge lower case “i,” clear as day in the clouds. I pulled over and snapped the photo. I was stunned. No way. In the sky? For me?

About a month later while driving, I saw a lower case “m” in the clouds! I was thrilled! So every day, I looked up at the sky. Where was my A? Nothing. Weeks passed and I began to doubt. Was it just a coincidence? One day something caught my eye; high in the sky, was my “A”! I had tears in my eyes because I knew God had done that for me! There was NO doubt. I had asked God for letters, but I think He knew what I was really asking was, “Are you there, God?” And he answered, “I AM!”

I pray that these photographs will remind you that the Great I AM is with you! He will strengthen you and help you and uphold you; all you have to do is look up!


Kelley Goodman
Kelley lives in Goodlettsville with her husband Ron and three children, enjoys being
an artist and is currently completing her Masters at Trevecca in Elementary Education.

Note from Casey: Because I know the person did not make up this story or edit the photos, I sat there thinking "Oh ME of little faith!" How much do I miss out on just because I don't BELIEVE that I'll see it? I mean seriously...have you ever seen an "m" in the sky? Have you ASKED to see an "m" or better yet...do you BELIEVE the God in heaven, who created the earth, who raises the dead, who says seek me and you will find me would be willing to put an "m" in the sky simply because you need proof the HE ALONE is the I AM.

How do you need God to show you He is the I AM? Are you willing to step out of faith and ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment