Tuesday, January 4, 2011

All Growns Up

| the first "phone" call|

Today it happened....my soon to be, pre-teen (aka 9 yr old) has spent the entire night chatting on the phone with her girlfriend. I was not ready for this. :|

I thought I had more time...I didn't think this started until somewhere more like 14!!! (Wait, I had my first boyfriend by then...oh no...this is not good.) Is it that every parent has a dawning moment that their kid is actually growing up way to quickly?!?!?!?

Even in wrestling tonight, she pulled a few good moves on me. I know I'll still have a few more years just with my intimidating look alone. This look will back any girl down in a wrestling match but seriously...smooth moves and talking to friends all in one night. I just don't think I can take it!

I will have to say that since the entire conversation was on speaker phone (she hasn't figured out that everyone hears what's going on that way), the girl seems very sweet. She even wanted to say hello to Morgan. I'm proud that Maddie knows how to pick good people to be friends with...maybe we're doing OK after all. (Still...no dating until at least 18 and I'm not backing down from that one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment