Sunday, October 17, 2010

Ribbon Run!

| Summer, Cristina, Me|

My first 5K has been completed. It was a wonderful day to see so many happy faces and our team raised a ton of money to purchase a machine for early diagnosis of breast cancer! While I trained, my best time was 39 minutes. Of course, before the race, I had only run 3.1 miles four times in my life. My dear friend, Summer, stayed with me the entire time. She kept encouraging me to keep putting one foot in front of the other. At times, I wasn't sure that I would make it. There were some really big hills (considering that I run on totally flat roads.) Summer said, "Your going to hate me when this is over." I jokingly responded, "I already do." That of course as I was gasping for air. :) Thank you my dear friend for keeping me going, I met the goal that I had set for myself at 37 minutes.| Summer & Me. Mission Complete!|

| The Family: Ricky, Carrie, Morgan, Maddie, Owen, & Me (again)|

|Team Cristina. 144+ Members!!!!!|

No comments:

Post a Comment