Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Bridge: Night of Dedication

Tonight was the Night of Dedication for The Bridge. Darren conducted a dedication ceremony where we promised to use the house for God's glory. We then circled the entire house (creating an unbroken chain) and each person prayed a prayer of blessing. The prayer went all the way around the house until everyone had spoken. Next, each person took a moment to write their favorite scripture on the floor of the living room. Because we live in the south, the night wouldn't be complete without food. Hot dogs and s'mores around the fire pits - yummy!!!

I absolutely love the picture above as the light pours out of the house onto our faces as we prayed. Isaiah 9:2 "The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned."
























Psalm 139:8-12

"If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment