Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Check List Please!

You've heard the complaint that parents all over the world wish their child came with a manual. Even when you buy a toaster, you get a manual . . . but this is not the case with kids. At this point in my life, after raising kids for past 8 years, I would settle for a check list!

There are some things that I remember. For example our bedtime routine, "Morgan, have you gone to the potty? Brushed your teeth? Gone to the potty, are you sure??? Did you get your diaper? Well...go get it." You see, I don't need a check list for this because I have been trained due to many tragic nighttime events so now these questions are automatically asked. However, I would like a check list for the simple things in life that might not be so obvious. Here is what happened today . . .

Both girls are home "sick" (also known as milking it) and I being the wonderful parent that I am (ha!) I gave them fruit popsicles. A few hours later, I go to the fridge to get Morgan milk. There on the bottom shelf is a melted, pink, soggy, puddle that has spread over the entire shelf and in the center is a popsicles stick. Needless to say, I know who the culprit is . . . so I said "Morgan, you can't put a popsicle in the fridge to save it or it will melt!" The tiny voice replies "But Mamma I didn't know!" Oh, if it was only on the check list I would have remembered to tell her this simple fact of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment