Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"I'll Praise You in the Storm"

Wednesday:

Today we've woken up to tornado sirens and the kids going to school two hours late. When we were to leave for school, sirens went off again so we decided to go to school late. During a break in the weather, I decided to get a run in so I headed out. The sky was blue but you could tell a storm was brewing. As I began my run, I turned on my iPod and it was set to shuffle the songs. Song #1 was "I'll praise you in the storm" and I smiled as I began the run thinking "OK God, I'm hearing you." Then song #2 begain to play, and yep...."I'll praise you in the storm" by a totally different artist. So I said "OK, God... I'm listening." Little did I know, this day would be the most unforgettable day for our state. Multiple tornados were tracked throughout the day. Several F5 tornados ripped through the southern states. I had no idea how un-prepared I was for an emergency until I can't find candles, batteries, and the only way we ate dinner is because Jill Cox had already prepared a ham and we finished the biscuits on the grill. Since the power was off and it is now dark when the tornado warning ended, we had no idea what awaited us the next morning....

View these maps and images of tornado reports on April 27, satellite images of the destruction in Tuscaloosa, and the storm rotation tracks from the storms.

This map shows Tornado Reports from April 27 (Source: NOAA NWS)


Things I Learned Today:
  • Listen when God talks and pray without ceasing.
  • Be prepared for an emergency!!!!!!!!
  • Have gas and keep cash on hand at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment