Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Birthday (33 Years of Me!)

Yesterday was a fabulous day! My friends and family lavished love on me through simple acts of kindness. Here were some of my presents...

1. A gazillion birthday wishes through Facebook, email, and calls. (And no, I'm not exaggerating.)

2. My girls picked out and installed a "God Loves You" sticker on my car without me knowing it. Now I get to drive around town with a big smiley face on my car. Ha! :)


3. Chocolate covered strawberries delivered to my door. Yummmmmy!!!! (Which reminded me to go eat one while I type.)



4. A sweet text from a friend reminding me about all the exciting changes that have happened in my life this year.

5. When I picked up the girls from school, I received this card which said "I love you mommy. PS: Please follow Maddie's directions for they will lead you to a birthday surprise!!!" If you've never had a 9 year old read you directions, that in itself is a surprise. The good news is we safely arrived at Maggie Moo's where Owen & better batter ice cream were waiting.


6. Later that night we went and ate "I Love Sushi" for Crunchy Shrimp Rolls (thanks Carrie for introducing me to those), soup, salad, and hot tea. Again, Yummmmmy!!!



7. And the Mardi Gras Birthday party will end with good friends and a grill out on the river this coming weekend. (Well, hopefully the grill and pontoon boat get along.)



1 comment: